Shevchenko Yu.L., Baykov V.Yu., Borshchev G.G., Ablitsov A.Yu.
St. George thoracic and cardiovascular surgery clinic Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center, Moscow
The article presents a clinical case of a 67-year-old patient suffering from coronary artery disease for a long time and at different times during 8 years twice (2011, 2014) underwent endovascular intervention on the heart — stenting of the coronary arteries. However, in 2021, angina pectoris relapsed. Clinical examination revealed a severe diffuse lesion of the coronary bed. At the same time, conservative therapy is not effective, and re-intervention in the form of stenting or CABG is not feasible. An isolated YurLeon procedure was undertaken — stimulation of extracardiac myocardial vascularization using a minimally invasive thoracoscopic intervention technique.
Keywords: videothoracoscopy, coronary artery stenting, neoangiogenesis.
1. Shevchenko YuL, Simonenko VB, Borshchev GG. Extracardial revascularization of the myocardium in diffuse lesions of the coronary bed, as a component of complex treatment of patients with coronary heart disease. Klinicheskaya medicina. 2018; 96(11): 10-18. (In Russ).
2. Hubulava GG, Payvin AA, Volkov AM et al. Features of surgical treatment of recurrent myocardial ischemia in patients after coronary artery bypass grafting. Bulletin of the North-West State Medical University. 2009; 1(3): 21-28. (In Russ).
3. Fuchs S, Dib N, Cohen BM et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo- controlled, multicenter, pilot study of the safety and feasibility of catheter- based intramyocardial injection of AdVEGF121 in patients with refractory advanced coronary artery diseasе. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006; 68(3): 372-8.
4. Shevchenko YuL, Pinaev GP, Matveev SA et al. The first experience of implantation of human embryonic cardiomyocytes (EC) in the complex treatment of patients with coronary heart disease. 4th All-Russian Congress of Cardiovascular Surgeons. 1998. (In Russ).
5. Shevchenko YuL, Popov LV, Batrashov VA, et al. Difficulties in choosing the volume of revascularization in the treatment of coronary heart disease in a high-risk patient. Vestnik Nacional`nogo mediko-xirurgicheskogo Centra im. N.I. Pirogova. 2015; 10(4): 134-136. (In Russ).
6. Shevchenko YuL, Viller AG. Extracardial revascularization in patients with coronary heart disease after coronary bypass surgery is an existing factor of myocardial blood supply. Vestnik Nacional’nogo mediko-hirurgicheskogo Centra im. N.I. Pirogova. 2007; 2(2): 9-14. (In Russ).
7. Borshchev GG. Extravascular myocardial revascularization in complex treatment of patients with coronary artery disease: historical background and current realities. Medicinskij vestnik Yuga Rossii. 2015; 2: 4-8. (In Russ). doi: 10.21886/2219-8075- 2015-2-4-8.
8. Shevchenko YuL, Borshchev GG. Extracardial myocardial revascularization in patients with coronary artery disease with diffuse coronary disease. М.: Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center, 2022. (In Russ).