Glyantsev S.P.1, Kalikinskaya E.I.2, Pirushkina Yu.D.3
1 Bakulev national medical research center for cardiovascular surgery, Moscow
2 Museum of St. Luke (V. F. Voino-Yasenetsky), Pereslavl-Zalessky, Yaroslavl region
3 Pirogov Russian research medical University, Moscow
Moscow is the small homeland of N.I. Pirogov, played a decisive role in his fate, giving him a start in life and determining its direction. Here he was born on November 13 (November 25, according to the present), 1810, here he spent his childhood and youth, and in 1824–1828 studied at the Imperial Moscow University. After that N.I. Pirogov left Moscow for a long time, paying the advance given to him in his youth with his subsequent life and activities, occasionally arriving in Moscow to visit relatives, colleagues or at work. However, Moscow as a city in which he first "tasted the sweetness of being" remained grateful to its native, honoring him in 1881 with the title of Honorary Citizen and thus forever inscribing the name of N.I. Pirogov into its history.
Keywords: history of medicine, history of Moscow, N.I. Pirogov (1810–1881).
1. Geselevich AM. Letopis' zhizni N.I. Pirogova. Moscow: Meditsina; 1976.
2. Glyantsev SP. Obraz N.I. Pirogova v khudozhestvennom vospriyatii ego sovremennikov (1840–1881 gg.). Vestnik NMKhTs im. N.I. Pirogova. 2010;5(3):10–26.
3. Kalikinskaya EI. Obrazy velikikh khirurgov. Moscow: Avtorskaya akademiya; 2012.
4. Komissarova SA, Koshkid'ko VG, Solov'ev KA, Glyantsev SP. Nikolai Ivanovich Pirogov. Pochetnye grazhdane goroda Moskvy (1866–1917). Moscow: OAO Moskovskie uchebniki; 2009. P. 99–124.
5. Malis YuG. N.I. Pirogov, ego zhizn' i nauchno-obshchestvennaya deyatel'nost': Biograficheskii ocherk. Saint Petersburg; 1893.
6. Neeze EN. Gody ucheniya N.I. Pirogova v Moskve, Derpte i Germanii. Kiev; 1907.
7. Pirogov NI. Voprosy zhizni. Dnevnik starogo vracha. Moscow: Glagol; 2010.
8. Shalaev NF. N.I. Pirogov v Moskve. Ocherki zhizni i tvorchestva. Saint Petersburg: VMA; 2010. C. 15–19.
9. Shtraikh SYa. Pirogov: Zhizn' zamechatel'nykh lyudei. Issue XVIII. Moscow: Zhurn.-gaz. Ob"edineniya; 1933.