Chernyh V.G. 1, Krajnyukov P.E.1, 2, Belov M.V.1, Bondareva N.V.1, Chernyh A.V.1
1 Central Military Clinical Hospital. P.V. Mandryka, Moscow
2 RUDN University, Moscow
A method for the formation of a muscular cuff in the area of the inner inguinal ring with oblique inguinal hernia is proposed. The clinical result was evaluated in 189 (64.5%) male patients with unilateral oblique inguinal hernias (the main group). Right–sided hernias were detected in 104 cases (55%), left-sided hernias - in 85 (45%). The control group included 104 (35.5%) patients operated according to the classic Lichtenstein method. Right–sided hernias were diagnosed in 56 cases (53.8%), left-sided hernias - in 48 (46.2%). Both groups corresponded to each other in age, the period of herniation and the presence of concomitant diseases. The results in both groups were compared by the presence of relapse within 5 years after surgery. In the control group, 1 (4.7%) relapse was diagnosed among patients with grade III expansion of the inner inguinal ring. According to the intensity and duration of the pain syndrome in the postoperative period, the duration of the operation, and the postoperative bed day, the results in both groups were similar.
Keywords: inguinal hernia, closure mechanism, internal inguinal ring.
1. Kukudzhanov NI. Inguinal hernias. M.: Medicine, 1969. 440 p. (In Russ.)
2. Kureshi A, Vaiude P, Nazhat SN, Petrie A, Brown RA. Мatrix mechanical properties of transversalis fascia in inguinal herniation as a model for tissue expansion. J. Biomech. 2008; 41: 3462-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech. 2008.08.018.
3. Halverson K, McVay ChB. Inguinal and femoral hernoplasty. Arch.Surg. 1970; 101: 127-135.
4. Nyhus LM. The preperitoneal approach and iliopubic tract repair of all groin hernias. Hernia. 1964: 120-122.
5. Flament JB, Avisse C, Palot JP, Delatte JF. Complication in incisional hernia repairs by the placement of retromuscular prosthesis. Hernia. 2002; 4: 25-29.
6. Mamoshin AA, Semenov VV “Gold standard” of endoscopic inguinal hernioplasty. Izvestia of the Russian Military Medical Academy. 2020; 1(1): 218-221. (In Russ.)
7. Baulin VA. Ways to improve the results of treatment of inguinal hernias in men. Izvestia of higher educational institutions. Volga region. Medical sciences. 2011; 3: 49-56. (In Russ.)
8. Lesnikov SM, Pavlenko VV, Podoluzhny VI. Modern concept of genesis and treatment of inguinal hernias (literature review). Issues of reconstructive and plastic surgery. 2019; 1: 68-71. (In Russ.)
9. Horne CM, Prabhu AS. Minimally Invasive Approaches to Inguinal Hernias. Surg. Clin. North. Am. 2018; 98: 637-649. doi: 10.1016/j.suc.2018.02.008.
10. Burcharth J, Andresen K, Pommergaard HC, Bisgaard T, Rosenberg J. Recurrence patterns of direct and indirect inguinal hernias in a nationwide population in Denmark. Surgery. 2014; 155: 173-177.
11. Rutkow IM, Robbins AW. Classification systems and groin hernias. Surg Clin. North. Am. 1998; 78: 1117-27. doi: 10.1016/S0039-6109(05)70373-X.
12. Oberg S, Andresen K, Rosenberg J. Etiology of inguinal hernias: a comprehensive review. Front Surg. 2017; 4: 52-59.
13. Burgmeier C, Dreyhaupt J, Schier F. Gender differences between inguinal hernia and asymptomatic open Processus vaginalis in full-term and preterm infants. J. Pediatr. Surg. 2015; 50: 478-80. doi: 10.1016 / j.jpedsurg. 2014.08.015.
14. Weaver CL, Pula AS, Gould JL, Sharp SW, St. Peter SD, Holcomb GW. III. Risk of developing symptomatic inguinal hernia in children with asymptomatic overt vaginal process. J. Pediatr. Surg. 2017; 52: 60-4. doi: 10.1016 / j.jpedsurg.2016.10.018.
15. Huerta S. Inguinal hernia repair in centers of excellence. Hernia. 2020; 24(1): 213-214. doi: 10.1007/s10029-019-01998-6.
16. van Veen RN, van Wessem KJ, Halm JA, Simons MP, Plaisier PW, Jeekel J. Patent processus vaginalis in the adult as a risk factor for the occurrence of indirect inguinal hernia. Surg. Endosc. 2007; 21: 202-5. doi: 10.1007/ s00464-006-0012-9.
17. Isaev HMR, Abdulzhalilov MK, Isaev HM, Zakariev ZM. The importance of the locking function of muscles for the formation of effective plastic inguinal hernia. Modern problems of science and education. 2020; 2: 14-16. (In Russ.)
18. Schumpelick V, Treutner KH, Arlt G. Inguinal hernia repair in adults. Lancet. 1994; 344: 375-9. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(94)91404-4.
19. Abdulzhalilov MK, Isaev MH, Isaev HM, Akhmaev MM, Abdulzhalilov AM, Abdullaev EA. Evaluation of the effectiveness of remodeling of the deep ring and the posterior wall of the inguinal canal in inguinal hernia in young men // Modern problems of science and education. 2019; 2: 15-17. (In Russ.)
20. Aitekova FM-P. The influence of herniation methods on the quality of life and reproductive function in patients with inguinal hernia. [dissertation] Makhachkala; 2015. (In Russ.)
21. Zhebrovsky VV, Toskin KD, Babanin AA. A new method of inguinal canal plastic surgery in the treatment of inguinal hernias. Bulletin of Surgery. 1995; 3: 81-85. (In Russ.)