Ibatov A.D., Afanasyeva N.V., Kubareva M.I.
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow
Purpose. to study the features of autonomic disorders and the quality of life in patients with ischemic heart disease.
Materials and methods. 276 patients with angina pectoris II-IV functional class, aged from 38 to 67 years — mean age 56.9 (8.4) years were examined. The level of autonomic disorders was assessed according to the questionnaire of autonomic disorders of the Department of Pathology of the Autonomic Nervous System of the I.M.Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University. The quality of life (QoL) was assessed by the Seattle Angina Questionnaire (SAQ), the level of state and trait anxiety was studied by The State-Trait Anxiety Inventory(STAI) — Spielberger questionnaire and the level of depressive disorders was studied by the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI). The data are presented as mean and standard deviation — M (SD).
Results. Clinically expressed autonomic disorders were observed in 231 patients (83.4%). 25 patients with autonomic disorders were treated with the neuroleptic — sulpiride. The total score of autonomic disorders decreased by 22.3% to 40.3±8.0 points (p<0.001) during treatment with sulpiride. The level of state and trait anxiety decreased by 14.5 and 11.7%, accordingly, and to 44.3 (5.0) and 52.2 (4.0) points (all p<0.01). The severity of depression decreased by 22.7% to 13.0(1.0) points (p<0.01). Patients treated sulpiride showed improving their quality of life. Thus, there was a significant score increase on the scales of Angina stability, Angina frequency and the Total score (Total) scale of quality of life, accordingly by 28.7, 12.6 and 12.2% (all p<0.01).
Conclusion. The treatment with sulpiride the patients with angina pectoris and clinically expressed autonomic disorders results a decrease in the level of autonomic disorders, depression, anxiety and an improvement in their quality of life.
Keywords: autonomic disorders, ischemic heart disease, quality of life.
1. CHazov EI. Ishemicheskaya bolezn’ serdca i vozmozhnosti povysheniya effektivnosti ee lecheniya. Klinicheskie issledovaniya lekarstvennyh sredstv v Rossii. 2001;1: 2-4. (In Russ).
2. Vegetativnye rasstrojstva: Klinika, lechenie, diagnostika. AM Vejn, editor. M.: Medicinskoe informacionnoe agentstvo, 2000. 752 р. (In Russ).
3. Homulo PS. Emocional’noe napryazhenie i ateroskleroz. L.: Medicina, 1982. 152 р. (In Russ).
4. Roest AM, Zuidersma M, de Jonge P. Myocardial infarction and generalised anxiety disorder: 10-year follow-up. The British journal of psychiatry: the journal of mental science. 200(4):324-9. doi:10.1192/bjp.bp.111. 103549.
5. Gan Y, Gong Y, Tong X, et al. Depression and the risk of coronary heart disease: A meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. BMC Psychiatry. 2014; 14: 371. doi: 10.1186/s12888-014-0371-z.
6. Lichtman JH, Froelicher ES, Blumenthal JA, et al. Depression as a risk factor for poor prognosis among patients with acute coronary syndrome: systematic review and recommendations: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2014; 24; 129(12): 1350-69. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0000000000000019.
7. Celano CM, Millstein RA, Bedoya CA, et al. Association between anxiety and mortality in patients with coronary artery disease: A meta-analysis. Am Heart J. 2015; 170(6): 1105-15. doi: 10.1016/j.ahj.2015.09.013.
8. Spertus JA, Winder JA, Dewhurst TA. Development and evaluation of the Seattle Angina Questionnaire: a new functional status measure for coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995; 25(2): 333-41. doi: 10.1016/ 0735-1097(94)00397-9.
9. Hanin YUL Kratkoe rukovodstvo k primeneniyu shkaly reaktivnoj i lichnostnoj trevozhnosti CHDSpilbergera. L.: LNIITEK, 1976. 18 р. (In Russ).
10. Beck AT, Ward CH, Mendelson M, et al. An Inventory for Measuring Depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1961; 4: 561-71.doi: 10.1001/archpsyc. 1961.01710120031004.
11. Klocheva EG, Tochilov VA. Primenenie eglonila dlya lecheniya psihovegetativnyh narushenij. Profilaktika i lechenie zabolevanij. 2000; 1: 52-54. (In Russ).
12. Maier W, Benkert O. Treatment of chronic depression with sulpiride: evidence of efficacy in placebo-controlled single case studies. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1994; 115(4): 495-501. doi: 10.1007/BF02245573.
13. O,Connor SE, Brown RA. The pharmacology of sulpiride — a dopamine receptor antagonist. Gen Pharmacol. 1982; 13(3):1 85-93. doi: 10.1016/0306-3623(82)90088-x.
14. Rüther E, Degner D, Munzel U, et al. Antidepressant action of sulpiride. Results of a placebo-controlled double-blind trial. Pharmacopsychiatry. 1999; 32(4): 127-35. doi: 10.1055/s-2007-979218.
15. Govorin NV, Govorin VA, Neverov .V. Differencirovannaya psihofarmakoterapiya pri IBS. Klinicheskaya farmakologiya i terapiya. 1997; 6(4): 63-64. (In Russ).