Shevchenko Yu.L., Popov L.V., Gorohovatskij Yu.I., Fedotov P.A., Musaev I.A., Zykov A.V., Gudymovich V.G., Sudilovskaya V.V.
St. George thoracic and cardiovascular surgery clinic, Moscow Pirogov National Medical and Surgical Center, Moscow
Preoperative diagnosis of intracardiac formations is very difficult. Often they debut with ischemic events in various arterial pools. The most common include intracardiac thrombosis and tumors (mainly) myxomas. In the vast majority of cases, left ventricular thrombosis is a consequence of an extensive myocardial infarction and occurs in the forming aneurysm of the heart wall. Floating parietal thrombus of the left ventricle due to intracardiac infection is a very rare diagnostic finding. The article presents a clinical observation of successful surgical treatment of a 39-year-old patient with non-valve infectious (Staph. aureus) thromboendocarditis, which debuted with multiple emboli of the internal organs and brain.
Keywords: infective endocarditis, surgical treatment, thrombosis, stroke, intracardiac infection, arterial multiple embolism.
1. Dorofeeva NP. Thrombus formation in the left ventricular cavity in anterior advanced myocardial infarction. Zhurnal fundamental'noi meditsiny i biologii. 2014;(4):61–65.
2. Ponomarenko IV. Metastatic tumor of the heart under the "mask" of primary myocardial infarction in a young woman. Kompleksnye problemy serdechno-sosudistykh zabolevanii. 2018;7(1):105–107.
3. Surgical treatment of infective endocarditis and the basis of purulent septic cardiac susgery. Ed by Yu.L. Shevchenko. Moscow: Dynastiya; 2015. 448 p.
4. Shevchenko YuL. Surgical treatment of a patient with a giant myxoma of the left atrium. Vestnik Natsional'nogo mediko-khirurgicheskogo tsentra im. N.I. Pirogova. 2009;4(1):136–137.
5. Shuikova KV. Metastatic heart disease in a patient with anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Onkogematologiya. 2018;3(3):252–257.
6. Shevchenko YuL, ed. Surgical treatment of infective endocarditis and the basis of purulent septic cardiac susgery. Transl. from Russian by O. Ignatyeva. Moscow: Dynastiya; 2020. 424 p.
7. Klatt EC, Heltz DR. Cardiac metastases. Cancer. 1990;65(6):1456–1459. doi: 10.1002/1097-0142(19900315)65:6<1456::aid-cncr2820650634>3.0.co;2-5.